Tuesday, September 9, 2008

random babble!

It has now been 6 days since the girls have nursed and I feel like I am beginning to come out of my funk. I haven't cried about it today and that is an improvement! We have been getting out and about and having fun! The girls are impressing me everyday with their abilities to follow commands and know what I am saying. If I say "go get blanket" or "bring Mommy a book" they will do what I say! When I say "love sissy" they will hug each other, so cute! I taught Meredith how to throw away her dirty diapers ... then one day, I found 3 clean cups and a few bowls from their "play" cabinet in the trash! I can't believe that I didn't see that coming! They are each saying about 15-20 words and making a few animal noises (they know what a sheep says, a doggie does-they pant like a dog, an owl says, and bee says). In the below photo we were trying to get all the girls looking at the camera so we were saying "YAY!" and when mine hear "YAY" ... they start clapping ;) These are our new friends that are also identical girls! They are only 2 weeks younger than M & H! Here is Meredith freakin' me out ... she is careful about all her ventures so I go between trying to teach her a bunch of n0-nos or just helping her learn how to climb safely.
Not too many good pools days left, I'm sure! Here is Hannah's skinny little self in her bikini!
We took a family trip to Starbucks where M grabbed a vanilla milk out of the cooler and stuck it in her mouth ... therefore we felt it was only right to purchase it instead of putting it back in there and hoping no one saw ... they loved their vanilla milk and running around Decatur Square holding their drinks while we sipped ours. A nice outing!
Hannah's hair blowing in the wind ...
I can't tell you how many books we read in a day! At least 30! They are constantly bringing me books! Which is GREAT and I know that is why they know so much ... but it gets tricky when you have 2 impatient toddlers that want 2 different books! I love that they love books, though! It is good snuggle time to sit and read. Maybe they know that I need that right now!
As much as I love to feel needed and wanted, I think I will be a lot less stressed when the Mommy phase subsides a little. Here, I just ran to get them some water before their nap and didn't want to lug them back down the stairs, try to keep them out of the fridge while I got the water out, lug them and the waters back up the stairs ... yada yada ... and here is what I get ... two screaming toddlers banging on the gate and it takes me forever to calm them down ... whew!
Here, M handed Cooper her chip (that she had gotten from Alan who was eating chips and heaven forbid you eat something and not give them one, right?!) and he ate it and she just looked so scandalized! It happens all the time ... they GIVE him their snack then get mad that he eats it! He is going to get fat, fat, fat!
Here is Hannah ... I give them milk with their regular snack time instead of water (per MD) and Hannah always wants both ... just to hold and walk around with ... not to drink ... I need you to DRINK the milk girl!

No comments: