Friday, September 12, 2008

being cute as a stall tactic for bedtime!

I am beginning to wonder if it is time for one nap a day for the girls. They are fighting bedtime so much these days! For 5 days in a row, I have gone in to check on them after a lot of giggling/squealing/fussing and have found Meredith to be poopy ... I have to wonder if she is holding it in until an hour after bedtime as a stall tactic!? Anyone who knew me as a child would say that she is just like her Mommy (doesn't like to go to bed and will find any way possible to stall)! Yesterday they only took one nap and went to bed without a whimper ... though they were bears all evening long! Reminded me of the infant days! Tonight we were having a good time all hanging out and I took some photos.


Meredith is loving on her bunny ... she was saying "buh, buh, buh" ... they are trying to mock anything we say ... and usually come out with a fairly recognizeable sound ...



Hannah loves to play in her closet ... or in the dog cage ... or behind a large framed picture that is propped between the couch and the wall b/c we still haven't hung it ... she seems to like the coziness of a snug place to "hide"
Here she is putting a book in the glider b/c she wants to read ... she is saying "fish!" "fish!" ... though it sounds like "eesh" ... because there is a picture of a fish on the book ...

... and here is Meredith doing the same exact thing a few minutes later ... "eesh, eesh!"

1 comment:

Mary Janelle said...

Hi Traci -- I've been lurking a little in the breastfeeding forum at Twinstuff and found your blog through that. It sounds like we have a bit in common and I wanted to say hello. I have identical girls, Eloise and Annamaria, who are 11 months old on Monday. They've always been pretty tiny, around 4 and 5 pounds at birth and now up to about 15 and 16 pounds. Also, for the last week or so they've been refusing to nurse. Eloise had cut back to only first thing in the morning, and now the last 3 mornings she wouldn't even nurse then. Annamaria is still hanging in there once or twice a day, but neither girl will drink from a bottle or cup. (Any advice on that front? They used to take bottles on occasion but for the longest time it was easier to nurse, so I let that slide.) Anyway, sorry I'm so wordy but I wanted to introduce myself. Your daughters are precious!