Wednesday, July 9, 2008

what? no pictures?

I still can't find my camera! I think this is the longest my girls have ever gone without their photo taken! Just wanted to post to update you on how we are doing! Hannah has been really struggling since we got here. Really, since we left NC. She cannot stand to have me out of her sight for even a moment. I usually just carry her around wherever I go. Then, two days ago, I noticed that her 4th tooth has popped through. Maybe in a few days the teething pain will wear off and she will be more accustomed to her new home and we can all breathe a little easier! She has been walking a little with the push toy though it scared her at first because it goes so fast. She is the world's most giving person (as far as feeding her snack to the dog and constantly trying to put her binky in my mouth, or Meredith's mouth) and I have decided that she may just be my quiet one. She doesn't talk much but can get her point across when it is really important to her (like MOMMY,PICK ME UP!) Meredith's playful personality is really coming out. She has all kinds of neat tricks! She chit chats all day long. She can wave hi and bye-bye. She can ALMOST blow a kiss. She can point at the light or doggie when you ask her where they are. I created a monster by letting her turn the light off one day ... and yep, now all day she wants to turn the light on and off. She is constantly pointing at things and asking "dat?" She loves anything soft and will lay down on a blanket on the floor and roll around on it. She crawled all the way up the stairs today (with Alan right behind her, of course). She has a push toy and walks marathons with that thing ... and anything else she can get to slide across the floor ... a box of diapers, the toy bin ... Meredith and Hannah have started to play more together, too. They have a tunnel and they think it is hilarious to hide in there and then peek out at each other. It is the cutest thing I have seen yet about having twins. One will get in the tunnel and slowly peek out at the other and then they both literally fall over in a fit of giggles! The giggly girls are worth the fussy ones any day! I will either find my camera or borrow one soon and especially by their birthday. I can't believe they are almost a year old! So stay tuned for photos!

No comments: