Wednesday, July 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!

A year has gone by! This time last year, I was in a hospital bed with almost everyone in my family having seen the girls except for me. All I had was their photos on the small screen of my camera that I would look and and sob because of ... let's face it, hormones ... but also because they were so small and attached to all of those wires and all I wanted to do was hold them! Fast forward one year and now all they want is for me to hold them! I have decided that all of the difficult developmental stages that babies go through must be God's way of helping us let go. If our lives had been nothing but one good day after the next, then I would mourn the passing of each year. Despite having to spend a half hour of their birthday at the Dekalb Cty Tax Office getting car tags, the girls had a lot of fun today! Alan was off work and we went to lunch then played, played, played! Oh, and even had some cake! It was very low key as we are having a family party for the girls in a month (I couldn't get my act together to have it in time for their actual birthday) but it was nice to celebrate with just the 4 of us!
... hmmmm ... wonder what this was the result of ... didn't I tell you that sticky goo made great hair gel! (Meredith)
Ah Ha! The culprit! Birthday cupcakes!
YAY ... happy birthday to me! (Hannah)
Now, what am I supposed to do with this? (Meredith)
Hannah is a sticky mess!
Meredith is a sticky mess! She DID eat some and finger paint with some!
Playing with one of our birthday gifts! Hannah in blue bathing suit and Meredith in pink.
Meredith LOVES to snuggle! If she is playing with anything soft she will lay her head on it and snuggle! She is snuggling with Mommy's teddy bear here.
Birthday gifts from Grammy & Granddaddy Finley ... Meredith does well with her chair! She has figured out how to not just tumble out of it!
Hannah is sharing her chair with Mommy's teddy bear!
Playing with our new play house! We love to ring the doorbell, turn the lights on and off, open and close the door, and fight over the "letters" that go in the mailbox! As the guy who works at Fisher Price Customer Service says (I had to call b/c I couldn't get the doorbell to work at first), "it is a really fun toy" ... I couldn't help picturing this guy in his 30's playing with the Laugh 'N Learn Play House when he gets off work. I do have to admit, it is pretty fun ;)

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I cannot believe the girls are 1 already. In all the chaos here, I totally forgot to send a happy birthday email yesterday. I'm so thrilled to see that the day was full of fun. Thank you, Traci for your kind words. I look forward to staying in touch with you and hopefully seeing you soon. I leave in 5 hours...crazy! Love ya!