Monday, July 21, 2008

Stone Mountain Park

The girls' Aunt Sarah & Uncle Ryan bought them annual memberships to Stone Mountain for their birthdays (well, the memberships are for us and they come free ... but they don't need to know that =) so we all went this weekend! The girls were GREAT and they seemed to enjoy the sights! We plan to go back often! Next time we will ride the train around the park AND next time I will get a photo of the girls with Ry and Sarah! They WERE there, I promise!

At the top of Stone Mountain! Normally a tram ride to the top of anything would be so much fun for me ... but with my child in my arms ... I couldn't help but REALLY look at the cables and check out how sturdy they seemed! Obviously, we made it just fine!
Birthday cake #2! Aunt Sarah made a chocolate and banana cake for the girls! They are lucking out in the birthday cake dept! As a first time Mom, I learned that babies probably shouldn't have chocolate late in the evening ... it took them a while to fall asleep last night! Oops! Here's Meredith ...
and here is Hannah ... always making a funny face! She wanted to smear me with chocolate really badly!
Walking ... with a little assistance! Though Hannah DID take her first 3 unassisted steps today!
The girls really enjoyed watching the "bubble man" make REALLY big bubbles!
Here is Stone Mountain. See where the tram took us ... all the way to the top! It was a great view! A little "smoggy" to be able to see the city line but pretty nonetheless! The coolest perspective to think about the size of the carving was ... Sarah told me that to celebrate the finishing of the carving, they put a table set for 10 people on the shoulder of the guy in the middle (can't remember who that one is ... Andrew Jackson?) and they ate dinner there!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Your girls are cuties! I have relatives in GA and have many fond memories of Stone Mountain.

I was down there when I was pg with the twins, but never quit throwing up long enough to leave the house we were renting on the lake.

It will be fun to take them once they are older.