Wednesday, July 2, 2008

hello from Atlanta!

As you can imagine, I have a bazillion things I could be doing, but thought I would take a moment and update the blog! My wonderful Mom came to help us get settled and luckily brought her camera because I have not taken one photo since we have been here! Very unlike me! The truth is, I have no clue where my camera is =) The house is big, which is nice. However, it was also a complete mess when we got here and I am still trying to clean all the floors and bathrooms. Trying to scrub while also the normal moving in stuff doesn't allow much time for anything else, however we have been to the Dekalb Farmer's Market (which I was told, by my brother who has been very helpful, that it is pronounced De-CAB), the Lenox Square Mall (which thank goodness isn't as close as the mall was in NC because Alan would have to moonlight all the time to support my shopping if it was =), the Avondale Estates Lake (which is only a short walk from the house), and various other places around town. Here are a few photos ... I will take more as we get settled and all unpacked. It is really a cool old house! We have a nice koi pond in the back which is very relaxing to watch after a long day of dealing with fussy girls (they don't seem to handle change any better than their Mommy does)!

The girls' room

Whew, we were all exhausted, as you can see ...
After a thorough scrubbing ... the tub, that is!
There is a finished basement which we have made into a playroom. The girls seem to love that there is a room just for them! Yes, that is me, that looks like a carcass on the floor?! Who knows what I was doing ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to come visit you!! Glad you like the house. It seems like it is in a great location. Miss you already...Talk to you soon.

Rachel Oswald said...

Oh wow I didn't know you were already moved in - we miss you! I am glad you like your house and are finding your way around town. Best of luck!

Shauna said...

We ALL miss you and the girls! Sounds like there is plenty of room for me and the boys to come for a visit and hang out for a week. Talk to you soon.