Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We have had a great few days! We went to the Fernbank Museum of Natural History this past weekend. It was really a cool place! We could have stayed there for hours playing! There were tons of little exhibits that the girls loved and tons of play areas just for little kids. They will have a better time when they are walking so we will have to go back. Speaking of walking, Meredith took her first steps today! So they are both taking steps ... oh, toddlerhood, here we come!

Since they had such a hard time with the move, I started letting them take their little blankets all around the house with them ... and now they are total blankie junkies! They want them all the time ... here is Hannah with hers and Meredith with hers within reach, if needed!
Why, oh why, do I even kid myself and get a bowl? This is why I swiffer the kitchen at least once a day and cringe and think ... OK, TONIGHT is the night I get on my hands and knees and scrub the grout! Oh, the joys of renting an old house! Here they are all suited up in the swimmy diapers and water T's from Grammy Finley.
9 times out of 10, this is how I will find Hannah. She is such a Mommy's girl right now. Alan has gotten used to calling Meredith "his" baby b/c she always gets passed to Alan since she is a little less Mommy clingy! She has started to say Mama (Hannah has ... Meredith has been chatting us up for a while ... she now says Mama, Dada, bye-bye, duck, ball ... and various other sounds that sure mean something to her ... quite the talker, that one!) and so now reaches up and adds a pathetic sounding "Mmmmama" ... she also has started to cry Maaaaamaaaa, Maaaamaaaa when she is fussing b/c she doesn't want to nap! Oh, that girl, she already knows how to get me to do what she wants!
Meredith is a child after my own heart! She loves to be OUTSIDE! She will crawl to the door and CRY to go outside! Playing outside is one of the things that will be easier when they are walking for sure! Here she is pointing to her water table and pool ... "I see it Mommy ... I want to go out there!"
OK, NOW I am happy!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Your girls are just to darn cute, Traci! I'm so glad we are getting to know you guys. It should be a fun year!! Can you imagine what all of the little ones will be doing at the end of the year?? Hard to imagine! We'll have to make sure and take a picture of all of them soon...and then compare at the end of the year! Long comment....I'm done! ;)