Monday, April 12, 2010

bunch of pictures ...

We have had a busy few weeks with Alan's side of the family in town, some Atlanta friends that came to visit and my Mom in town. It is always nice to have the company. The girls are all doing well. The twins have had a bit of a cold (yes, again!!) and it just made them extremely grumpy but Meredith seems to be better and Hannah is in the middle of it now. Hopefully Caroline and I will not get it. The twins are still very into dressing themselves and Hannah is obssessed with wearing her PJs. I make her put on clothes to go anywhere then the second she is home she wants back in her PJs. She changes clothes at least 6 times a day. Drives me up a wall. Most of the time they are cracking me up with whatever they are saying or doing but our lives seem very polar ... they are either cracking me up or they are pitching fits. I guess that is why it is called the terrible twos! Caroline is doing amazingly well. She is sleeping through the night from about 9 or 10 until 7. She really doesn't ever fuss unless she is tired, hungry or bored. She loves to be busy when she is awake ... loves to be talked to or put with bright things close enough for her to see. She LOVES to stand up and she loves to lay on her back and kick like a mad woman! She is just such a joy. I will get on with some pictures.

Caroline ... I guess maybe because the girls were preemies and seemed so floppy for so long ... I swear, to me, she looks like a 6 month old here ... she has such great head control! She went to the Pediatrician a few weeks ago for her 2 month and was 11 pounds 1 ounce and 21.5 inches tall. 50% for weight and 25% for height. Everything was great! Her doctor told me she could have 10 just like her at home! I will pretend that my kid really is super sweet and that she does not say that to everyone ;)
Post-milk snuggle
She loves her bath! She will hang out in there for half an hour!

One of my friends from ATL has identical twins two weeks younger than mine. Last week she brought them for a visit. I loved our time together and wish I would have taken more pictures. Her girls are so fun and so bright. Just a joy to be around! It was nice, too, to be able to hang out with Steph after they all went to bed!
Easter bunny!!
The girls are really sweet with Caroline and seem to really love being big sisters. Earlier tonight, Hannah was upset because she wanted to see her "baby sissy" but she was sleeping. Here, they are talking to her and she was smiling at them ... which she does a lot. I think the love is mutual!
Sacked out with Grammy ... I usually swaddle her because she sleeps better that way, but I love it when she will sleep unswaddled ... I love it when babies throw their arms up like this. Someone (Jen?) once told me that babies sleep like that when they feel secure and happy ... I hope she feels that way!
The girls' Aunt Sara is such a fun aunt and probably a much more creative and fun Mom than I am! She bought this adorable egg dying kit and let my girls pretty much take over! They had so much fun with it ... thanks Sara!!
Hannah ... and above is Meredith
Sara and the girls (her little one was napping and at the age where she most likely would not want to sit and do anything ... she wants to go, go, go!!)
getting started ...
Usually Caroline LOVES to stand up ... here, I think she was tired of me taking her picture and may have been ready for a nap ... it is my only picture of her standing though ... and I think the fuss face is kind-of cute ;)
With her sweet sister Hannah. At this particular moment in time, Meredith was "not in the mood" to have her picture taken (these are her words)
case in point ... the fuss face is not nearly as cute on a 2 year old!
Here, Caroline was not in the mood =)Smiles!
I came down from putting the twins to bed to this ...
Yes, they picked out these outfits ... down to the shoes and bows! They love to twirl like ballerinas and they call these their "ballet shoes" for some reason. They love the Little Einsteins and the only thing I can figure is maybe these look like June's shoes on that show (she is the character who loves to dance).
Hannah ...
Lap full of love! I just love having a baby who can just sort-of drift off to sleep when she is tired! What?! You had to work HARD to get the twins to go to sleep at this age!!
Decorating Easter cookies with Grammy

No comments: