Sunday, April 18, 2010

haircuts and Strawberry Festival

We had a good week last week with Alan being off the first part of the week for some vacation days then the Finley's here this weekend. We took the girls to get their hair cut again last week because their Dad thought it looked scraggly. I liked it long but I like the new 'do also so it is a win, win. They don't seem to care either way at this point though I'm sure they will have an opinion on it as soon as they know what I want (and they will want the opposite just to irk me.) They had a blast at the Strawberry Festival though we had a few little outbursts from Meredith. Hannah was a dear and had so much fun even though SHE is the one with her very first double ear infections! Her first round of antibiotics ... almost age 3 ... well, I guess that is pretty good.
The girls in their outfits de jour and Caroline in whatever I want to put her in ;)
Ah, the paci ... my best friend and worst enemy ...
Dancing on the stage at the Festival
Bribery with food no longer works very well for these two ... they are girly girls, though, so my Mom had bought them some lipgloss and I decided to hang on to it as ammunition one day ... well, we cracked them open at the doctor's office the other day when we went to investigate the "boo boos" in Hannah's ears (that is what she was saying ... she had boo boo's in her ears ... and yep, she sure did!) It also came in handy at the Festival as one little Meredith was a sour puss for a while there ... As you can see here, she got over it and got in a good mood ... lipgloss in hand and dirt all over the face!
Caroline enjoyed the Festival, too ...
I was so impressed with the girls on this little train ... I swore I would have the kids crying for Mommy the minute it took off but they had a blast and Hannah cried only when it was time to get off! She wanted to go again! Instead, she went on a little car ride all by herself (while her sister threw a fit because she wanted to go on a ride she was too little to go on) and I was so super proud of Hannah for being a big girl!!!
Here, you can see their new 'do from the back ... just a little shorter is all ...
Here is M picking strawberries ... both girls kept saying how much fun they were having picking strawberries! We went home with an obscene amount of strawberries (as well as an obscene amount of dirt on our hands, faces, and tooshes) ... Alan made strawberry ice cream, I made a strawberry pie and Alan made 7 jars of strawberry jam (yes, 7 jars!) and we still have a whole bowl of berries left!
Hannah ...
So, the girls sometimes nap and sometimes have a party in their room ... either way, they know they are expected to stay in their room for a few hours in the afternoon ... one day last week, I go to get them up and find this ... all the letters off their wall in a row, all the diapers turned the same way in a path from H's bed to M's and all the books spread out all over the floor ... ahhhhh, at least it wasn't crayon all over the wall right, Mom? I swear I will never hear the end of that one! Anyway, so now, I am always a little curious as to what I will see when I open the door ...

No comments: