Friday, January 23, 2009

Zoo and Dora LOVES Boots!

I met some friends at the zoo again today and we had a blast, as usual! My arm was pretty sore as Hannah is going through a clingy stage and I think I held her the whole time but Meredith just walked pretty much the whole time like a big girl! I hope the girls continue to generally stick pretty close to me. They aren't the type of toddlers who are everywhere! They stay close to me and that helps a lot in public! What also helps are great friends willing to hold your child! Kathy's husband joined all of us so while she actually had a reprieve from holding her own child, she was so sweet to cater to mine! Thanks Kathy!
The child to the right of Meredith is our good friend Braden ... I never really realize that the girls are small for their age until I see them beside someone their age ... here they were checking out the Kangaroos. Shortly before this Meredith was jumping up and down because last time we were at the zoo the Kangaroos were jumping back and forth across the cage. Kids have such good memories!
The otters were, by far, the girls' favorite this time!
This is a panda after my own heart ... lay around and eat ... wouldn't that be the life =)
So, the girls have quite a fascination with Dora the Explorer all the sudden ... everything is Dora, Dora, Dora ... Meredith says Do-Wa and Hannah says Dor-Da. It is funny to me that they pronounce it different ways. Anyway, so we have a book called Dora Loves Boots. Boots is a monkey who is Dora's friend and partner on her many adventures. In the book, Dora and Boots hold hands sometimes and once one of the girls pointed to their joined hands and said "han, han, han" ... and I said "yes, Dora and Boots are holding hands" ... etc ... well, today I was in the kitchen and I hear them giggling and saying "han, han, han" and so I decided to go and investigate. They were holding hands and running around and around our house ... imagine this as a flip show ...





They circled about 3 times then decided it was time to sit down for a snack. It was so funny!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Great to see you girls today. We had a great time. The weather was just perfect!! I LOVE the pictures of the girls running circles. So sweet!!

kathy said...

So cute! Priceless pics of them holding hands... We had so much fun at the zoo! I loved how your girls kept offering up their "bee bees" to the animals. =)

Deb, Jeff, Emma & Hannah said...

Love the hair! I remember that stage! For us, that time happened right around Halloween, which made for the perfect Wilma and Betty Flinstone costumes.