Sunday, January 4, 2009

what a busy month!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! The girls, of course, were spoiled with gifts and love from family. They are starting to call people by their names which is really fun. Meredith, in particular, would say "Ryyyyyy" and "Seh" for Ryan and Sarah (my brother and SIL) and they would both call their grandfathers "Dada" and my Mom "Mama" and their Grammy Finley "Mi." It will be fun to watch them eventually get the whole words out the right way. For now, I am enjoying that they are getting to know the members of their family. They did really well with the traveling though it took them a while to get back into the swing of things at home. I think that we are getting there. I posted tons of photos since I haven't posted in a while! The girls are saying more and more 2 word phrases now. They call themselves "good girls" all the time and Hannah has gotten the hang of saying "Are you?" when we are looking for something (as in "Binky, where are you?"). It is so interesting to watch them grow and develop.
The girls got a few sets of strollers and baby dolls so we have a set just about everywhere we go, which is nice so that we don't have to worry about fitting toys in the car along with all of the other stuff we have to take to travel. Here they are with the babies and strollers that will reside at the Wright household.
Meredith (shortly before a fall that skinned her knee and traumatized her for about an hour ... drama queen =) ... she still randomly pats her knee and says "boo boo" to anyone who will listen!
Hannah
Hannah and Granddaddy Wright being silly. Hannah was a doll and has really come out of her shell. I am glad that people can see her for the silly & sweet thing she is instead of a sobbing stranger anxiety mess. She particularly loves men (look out teenaged years). She latched right on to her Grandfathers, Great-Grandfather and one of Alan's friends who stopped by to visit.
Meredith is still a Mommy's girl. It is OK with me most of the time ... unless I really need to be doing something else other than holding her or unless I just have to run upstairs to grab something ... she will scream "MAMA!" like she is being drug away by a toddler-eating alligator ... I will be glad when she learns it is OK if I am out of her sight for a moment ... however, I am NOT ready for the day that she doesn't need me anymore. Good thing there are a few years in-between!
Meredith with her pigtails. I am trying to experiment with their hair as it is long and gets in their eyes but I don't want to cut bangs. They still take the hair clips out as soon as they go in so I guess I will just keep trying. She kept her pigtails in for a while, but it didn't really help with the straggly hair in her eyes.
Playing with the trains at G'Mama and G'Daddy Wrights house.
Hannah rocking Meredith who is rocking the bunny.
Opening stockings at the Wright's.
Oh yes, the toddler tantrum. They are getting to be pros and each have their own "style." Hannah likes to jump in the air then throw herself down on her rump really hard. Sometimes she will do it right after the bath (when she wants me to hold her but I have to put her down to get Meredith out) and she is naked and plopping on the hard tile floor. Youch!
Meredith is more a fan of the get on your hands and knees and bang your head on the floor approach. This, Hannah finds really hilarious. She will mock Meredith (get down beside her and bang her own head on the floor) and laugh her silly self into fits all the while Meredith is super mad! I hope to catch it on video sometime as this is one of the funniest things yet about having twins.
This particular tantrum was over this stroller and baby doll. Good thing we have so many of our own now!
The girls still seem to love books more than any other fancy toy. They can pretty much point out anything in a book and name it. They even know a lot of the more obscure animals like "skunk" (which they find to be a really funny word) and camel and lizard ... etc ...
The girls were holding hands in the car on the way home from the Finley's house and it was really cute, so of course, I took a photo =)
Here is Hannah befriending her Great-Grandfather.

No comments: