Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Hair ... I mean Year!

As previously mentioned, the girls have had a hard time rebounding from all the excitement and have been a bit overtired from too many car naps so a few mornings ago when we went to feed the ducks, they fell asleep in the stroller. They NEVER do that anymore so I took a photo. To me, there is nothing more precious than a sleeping child (or two.)
Again, trying to experiment with their hair. I thought this would lay down a bit, but no suck luck, it would only stick straight up. At least they couldn't pull it out as easily. This is Hannah.
Meredith ...

After Alan begged me a few times to do it, I finally gave in and trimmed the "mullets." I was so sad to see the baby curls go but I know it will only be a few short months and their hair will grow back and be thicker and more even. This is Hannah.
... Meredith. I thought I did a pretty good job seeing as I was working on moving targets. It must be that all the practice I have from trimming Cooper's hair has come to serve me!
Another thing that made me sad about cutting their hair is now they look like boys! I wish they would wear hair clips so that they look like girls ... but this is what happens ... "oh, I felt her put in a clip ... is it over here ..."
"... no, wait, here it is!" ... and out it comes!
This is the reaction I got from Meredith when I even tried to put it in her hair (she did warn me with a "no Mama" when she saw it in my hand.) She is usually a little better about letting me mess with her hair than Hannah is.
I just think it is funny when they do this ... they took books in the dog cage and said "bye bye" to me and closed the door. Their own private book club that I am not allowed in on! They do a similar thing in the closet in their room.

2 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

Their haircuts look great! It is so impossible to cut a toddler's hair - nice work. They are such adorable little girls!

MamaQ said...

You might have to come and cut Sarah and Caroline's hair, but I am not ready yet. The baby mullet doesn't bother me....I love the curls too much! You did a great job....they look so cute!