Monday, April 7, 2008

our trip to the beach!

We spent a long weekend in Charleston last weekend. The weather was pretty rainy most of the time. We had fun though! The girls did pretty well and the biggest issue was the stranger anxiety. All the people freaked them out a little, but they warm up eventually! We went out to eat a lot and we are learning that going out to eat with two babies is not nearly as relaxing as going out to eat used to be! Babies sure do love to grab things, don't they?!

Hannah and her cousin Brayden (9 1/2 months) sharing toys
Meredith and her cousin Grayson (5 yrs) sharing toys
sisterly love (yeah, right!)
Hannah and Mommy at the (cold and wet) beach
Since she refused to nap, I took the opportunity to take Meredith to the beach during a moment of sunshine. I think she would have had fun if she wasn't so tired. She kept wanting to eat the sand and I think she got mad at Mommy for not letting her eat the sand ... I guess next time, maybe I will just let her eat sand??
Hannah hamming it up in Daddy's hat
Had to get the cute dresses shot!
Meredith is WORN OUT from the non-napping! She napped on the screened porch in the carseat for a while ... sounds good to me!

1 comment:

Heather & Chaos said...

Ok those dresses are ADORABLE!! Wherever did you find them? I need to get some for my girls! ;-) Hey I have that carseat too. Glad she at least slept for some time even though it wasn't at nap time per se.