Tuesday, April 29, 2008

mischief & mishaps

So, we had a doctor's appointment yesterday for the girls' last RSV Vaccination! That makes 8 shots each! Poor things! They have absolutely learned the the Pediatrician is not a place they want to be as they screamed from the minute we went into the exam room until about 10 minutes after we got back in the car. It was a nightmare for us all! Including everyone else within a 5 mile radius! When I asked if any other babies screamed as much as mine, the nurse said "well, a lot of babies cry, but the Finley girls are ... ummm ... special." That says it all! I will not go alone again! Even if I have to take someone off the street! Hannah weighed 15 pounds 8 ounces (5%) and Meredith 15 pounds 3 ounces (less then 5%). Plugging along on their "own" little growth curves! Hannah has one tooth in and one coming in and Meredith has two coming in. Spend 5 minutes at our house and you can see what developmental milestones and teething does to babies! Makes them clingy and whiney! As I have always said, it is a darn good thing they are so stinkin' cute!

So, I have learned that "quiet means mischief!"
Hannah crawls now some and scoots on her rear end a lot ... sometimes where she decides to plop down, there is something in the way ...
My snuggle bug spending some QT with Daddy ...
So, Hannah still crawls backwards sometimes. She only crawls forward when there is something she really wants (think my coffee mug, the telephone, remote ...). Crawling backwards is OK except you can't see where you are going! I left for a few minutes and sure enough ... someone cries ... I try to leave her for a few minutes to let her work it out on her own ... thinking that she was crying b/c I left or b/c she fell ... I come back in and see this little head poking out from under the ottoman ...
... and of course, I snapped a few photos before I "saved" her!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

that is cracking me up that you left your child trapped and crying to take some pictures. lol! I love it! :)

Emily said...

Oh how funny!