Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Cheer!

I am trying to start teaching the girls about Christmas as it is my favorite time of the year! I think one of my favorite things about having kids will be making their holidays really special. My parents always made it a magical time for us. My Grandma and my Mom love Christmas and I hope that one day the girls will enjoy picking out the tree, sipping hot chocolate and hanging tinsel ... because Alan sure doesn't! I guess, though, what guy does like doing those things? We have a busy few weeks ahead with a trip to Charleston then Sumter (to see baby Kate ... our new niece ... yay!) and then a trip to Sumter then Spartanburg for the Christmas celebrations with our families! Whew! It will be great and I am looking forward to a fun December ... in January, I may just move in with my parents as Alan will be in the ICU and from what I understand ... that means we pretty much won't see him all month!
I took the girls to Atlantic Station today to see the Christmas Tree. At first they just stared at it like what in the heck is that and I'm not quite sure they were ever too into it ... Hannah was more interested in fussing (poor baby is getting two more teeth and having lots of trouble with them) and Meredith was more interested in throwing her raisins on the ground ... maybe next year! Here is Meredith just roaming around. I am lucky in that, so far, they aren't the type to run full speed away from me. They will roam around but stay pretty close. I guess that is one great benefit of the separation anxiety phase!
Here is Hannah with those furrowed brows again ... this is the only photo I have of her from today without her screaming!
Here is Meredith playing with her little friend Abby who will be one on the 5th. Her Dad works with Alan and her Mom is one of the women who keep me sane here in ATL! Isn't she a cutie!
Look at how big this thing is! The girls look like you could hang them as ornaments in comparision. I'll bet at night, it is GORGEOUS!
Here the girls are at Leapin' Lizards. It had been a VERY rainy weekend and we were all VERY ready to be out of the house so my friend Abby (another sanity saver) and I took our kids to play. Here is a pile of adorable baby! Her Braden is only a few weeks younger than the girls and H is in stripes and M is the one in purple doing a faceplant!
Relaxing morning at home, hangin' with Mr. Cooper ...
like Father, like Daughter ...
Here is M trying to put on her Granddaddy's shoes ...
Snuggle time ... I am trying to teach them what everything "says" and I am trying to teach them that Mommy says "love you" ... and I guess when I ask them to love me ... when they lean into me I must say "Ahhhhhh ... love Mommy" because when I ask them what Mommy says they say "Ahhhhh ..." It is too cute. "Love you" is a little advanced for them right now. They only say very few words that are two different syllables. They are very huggy girls though and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that about them!
... they aren't really lovin' Santa though ... poor Santa ;)

6 comments:

Abby said...

Oh Tracy! This picture with Santa is the best!! haha...poor Santa! Love all of the pictures. Wish we could have joined you today...I'm glad we didn't tho...we had one of those afternoons. ;) See you soon!

Casey said...

That santa picture has a strong resemblance to Adeline's last year. She hated him. She seems to like him more this year but we will soon find out! Love the pictures and posts!

Allison Curti said...

Hey there! Love the pix! Especially LOVE the one of you with one of them snuggling! That is so sweet! Oh adn Sullivan did the same with Santa. We found a Santa we were able to at least get a picture but couldnt get close. Snta just handed him a candy cane. Anyway, love your updates! When you are in Sumter maybe we can at least meet at the park with all the kids!!! A playdate??? Whenever works! I head to Sumter Dec 14th and will be there until the 27th. My cell is 757-408-3035! Would love to meet your angels!

Rachel Oswald said...

What an adorable little snuggle picture! I have to force Cohen's head down on me to cuddle. I think that's a classic Santa picture!

Jen Medley said...

Love the snuggle pic too. The "ahh" story is adorable. Did you really think they would sit with Santa? I didn't try with Ella last year and am not this year either. She will probably ask when she's older where her Santa pictures are. Oh well.

Deb, Jeff, Emma & Hannah said...

Poor Santa!!! The girls are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your stories with us!