Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Card Photo Rejects ...

Well, we have all seen the Santa photo by now ... and though, for comical reasons, it was a contender ... I have not chosen it for my Christmas Card. Here are some others that I thought were cute and/or showed my girls' true "colors."
The girls have become shamelessly addicted to their blankets ... and pacifiers, but mainly the blanket ... they call them both by the name "bee bee." Sometimes they very much prefer bee bee over Mommy. Well, case in point, today I made them leave bee bee in the car while we were at the park. Later on, for a reason unknown by me, Meredith decided to have an Oscar Worthy tantrum and in the middle of it was screaming "BEEEEEE BEEEEE, BEEEEEE BEEEEEEE!" like her life depended on it. All the while, wanting NOTHING to do with me. I was trying to ignore her as all the books say to do but I felt so bad ... and it was so public that I, at least, wanted to hold her while she threw her tantrum and she just kept pushing me and saying "NO, Ma!" "NO, Ma!" Anyway, they are very sweet with the blanket when the situation calls for it. When one is crying, the other will, quite often, present her with her blanket and binky ... it is very sweet to see. I don't think that Hannah was crying here, but Meredith must have thought she needed bee bee anyway.
'Nah, stop screaming already (usually still Nah, though sometimes, now, it is 'NahNah)! This is how most any outing ends, but I keep trying to do fun things with them. I was trying to get a cute one of the two together in front of the Christmas tree ... which usually requires containment ... however, Hannah wasn't digging the containment, or much of anything else that day.
Cute family photo taken at little Abby's (from previous post) birthday party ...
I was hoping for some close-ups of the girls and this one turned out cute of Meredith ... I, however, did not end up getting a "matching" one from Hannah.
... and the final runner-up, I love this picture and it really captured their playfulness and love for each other but I could not get over the shadow on Hannah's face ... there are no perfect pictures of toddlers unless you are a trained professional or darn lucky and when you get the card you will see that it was not perfect either but I hope I captured them well and I can't wait to see all of yours!

1 comment:

MamaQ said...

Your girls are so much like mine! Meredith's tantrum reminds me of Caroline's. And, mine are really into bringing each other their blankies and paci's when they are upset. Also, I totally relate on the picture taking - we took about 50 pictures and had one where all 3 were smiling, but the lighting was not good.....oh well, we used it anyway - it's the best we got!