Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Caroline's birthday!!! and other things ...

Here I am again ... trying to play catch-up. We have had a busy year and it is hard to believe it is already mid-February. These are just a few photos of Caroline's birthday and this and that from the weeks around her birthday. I plan to have our pictures from Disney posted soon, as well.

Meredith and Hannah made these Groundhog Day Hats at school ... they were sure to tell me that if I saw a groundhog that I could look at it but not pick it up because it might scratch me ... I assured them I would not be picking up any groundhogs ;)
me likely the raisins ...

getting a little help from her sisters ... the little kitchen by her window was her present from us ... the real gift was Mommy putting it together ... after 20 pages of instructions, countless little pieces, 6 lollipops and 7 wow, wow, wubzys (because two certain little distractions are no longer napping) ... it was finally done ... and even though the twins thought it would be great to take all the little identification numbers off all the little packs of screws and bolts (there were at least 7 or 8 different kinds, shapes, and sizes) and put them all on one little piece of paper ... it hasn't fallen apart ... yet ...
wasn't digging the cake ...
Alan made Caroline a delicious red (well, pink because we did not have enough red food coloring ...) velvet cake for her birthday and cooked a yummy birthday dinner. My parents were here for the birthday and the recital for the twins ... it was a nice, low-key celebration.
Ta-da! I can NOT believe my baby is one! I will save the sappy mush but will say what we all know ... it is all too precious and goes by tragically fast.
On Caroline's birthday, the twins had a little skills showcase at The Little Gym. They did a tap number, a ballet number, balance beam, and uneven bars. Then they each got a little ribbon. These are the cuties that are in their class. I put several videos on Facebook but have a hard time putting videos on here for some reason.
YAY Meredith (this is in reverse order ... you know me ...)
They did a little routine where they started on the low bar, then up to the high, then did a little turn, then a basket hang, then a jump landing ... all assisted, of course ... here is M on the high bar ...
YAY Hannah! You can see how happy she was ... so cute ... they are such timid girls that it is fun to see them beaming with pride.
Hannah on the high bar about to do the basket hang ...
waiting for their turn on the balance beam ... I love pictures like this ... reminds me of my dance days ...
huddling for courage ... they were a bit shy with the crowd of an audience but they got up there and I was proud of them for that ...
what a group of cuties ...
loving being able to be in the gymnastics room with her sisters instead of having to look through the glass with envy ...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss y'all!!! XOXO