Wednesday, January 12, 2011

OK ... just a few more ... I can't help it ...

A few more of crazy Christmas at the Finley household. Here are M and H after we played in the snow. They were warming up on Granddaddy ...

Aunt Sarah and Caroline ... Sarah and her Mom were so helpful with Caroline while I got prepared for a little drop-in we had for my Mom's side of the family (my parents are both from Charleston and many of my Mom's kin still live here) ... Caroline clearly felt very comfortable with Sarah and her Mom.



spoiled, spoiled girlies =)

I wish I could hire him ...


Caroline's sassy outfit from Aunt Kristi ... I love that we are always on the receiving end of the fact that she only gets to shop for boys! Love this outfit (and the sweater that came with it) ... and it is so true. She is very huggable. She was such a stoic little baby but her personality has gotten almost too big for her body! When you sing, she sings and dances ... when you yell, she yells ... when you laugh, she laughs (earlier today I called "Hannnnn-NNNNah!" up the stairs and right after she yells "Ahhhhhh-Ahhhhhhhhh!")... when you blow on her hot food, she blows with you ... it has been so cute to watch her personality come out.

Christmas dinner ... it is strange that instead of sitting at the kid's table ... my KIDS are sitting at the kid's table ... it all comes full circle, I suppose!

Meredith and Grayson "reading" ... well, Grayson is reading and Meredith is wishing she could. She has gotten to where she gets very frustrated if she does not have a book memorized ... she gets so upset and says "I don't know what the words say?!?!" and I need to do some research on how to help her learn to read ... if anyone has tips, let me know. I plan to get her a Tag but other than that ... I'm all new to this.


One of the girls favorite gifts ... a stamp, paper and colored pencil set (thanks to Aunt Sarah and Uncle Ryan) ... I have been impressed by Hannah's artistic abilities these days. They are taking an art supplementary class at school and I guess this is where she is learning but she will draw people and flowers and houses and blocks ... and it is really clear what she is drawing ... she doesn't have to tell me what it is ... it will be obvious to me. I don't know what the "norm" is with 3-4 year olds but I think she is pretty good!

1 comment:

Jen Medley said...

Love the new pic at the top of the blog! Your girls are all so beautiful. Planning a trip to Hilton Head this summer and would love to see you all again.
The teacher in me would say the best way to teach kids to read is to read to them. If she really wants to learn, I'd start with letters and their sounds (I would use flash cards and alphabet books to do that) but if she isn't interested definitely don't force it...reading should be fun!