Monday, November 17, 2008

MD's, firsts, & favorites ...

The girls had their 16 month appointment today and they did so well! They freaked out a little over the shots, but so do I so what can I say about that? They recovered quickly which has not always been the case (actually has probably never been the case before!) They were 17 pounds, 8 ounces for Hannah and 17 pounds and 13 ounces for Meredith ... yay! No further testing at this point! They each gained a pound and a half over the last few months ... they are still a good 2 pounds away from being on the growth curve for weight but they are now 5% for height (29 inches) and 30% for head circumference (18 inches). All in all, they did well and the doc was impressed with their speaking abilities and they are QUITE mobile (running ... everywhere!) so all is well!
Meredith in her new winter coat and hat and sporting a goofy grin!
Meredith again ... reminding me of the kid on A Christmas Story ... "I can't move my arms!"
Hannah
I couldn't tell what Hannah was saying ... but she MEANT it! Check out the furrowed eyebrows!
Two of my toddler favorites ... the "toddler squat" ... as if it would just take too much time to sit all the way down! She needs to be able to jump and run in an instant!
The silly peeking between the legs ... or getting "stuck" this way on the way to a standing position ... either way this pose happens, I just love it!
Meredith's first "fat lip" ... she took a header into my knee!
Their first experience with coloring ... they enjoyed tasting the markers and running off with them so I got some crayons the next day ... much less messy!

1 comment:

Jen Medley said...

That is great news! Tell those girls to keep growing.
Markers? I haven't even let Ella near them (except when she finds her brother's). Crayons are a much better choice. Want something they will really love try the washable finger paints. Just be prepared for the mess! We only do it every once in a while and strip to the diaper first.