Sunday, August 24, 2008

girly girls and unlikely toys ...

Since we have been such busy bees, the girls and I have been laying low and playing at home a lot the past few days! Here are some of our goings-on ...

So, a lot of times, I let the girls play a bit before going in to get them up from their naps. They seem to enjoy it as I hear them laughing and squealing at each other in the baby monitor. This day, I had put them down without their little "sleep sacks" because they were in pants and I didn't want them to get hot. Here is what I find when I go in to get Hannah up ...
... she had taken her pants off and thrown them in the floor with her blanket and binky. I guess she was ready to get up AND I guess that I should be glad there wasn't a poop diaper down there too!
Grammy and Granddaddy Finley took the girls off my hands one morning as they were fussy and they are good about making sure that I don't go bonkers! They walked around in their PJs outside for a good bit and it was a nice break for me! I liked this picture!
I may be bound for girly girls ... which is OK by me ... not so sure how Alan will feel about that ... for a whole morning, Hannah walked around with my little purse in one hand and my sunglasses in the other like she was about to hop in the car and hit the mall ...
and Meredith did the same with my wallet and lipgloss!
Gross ... I guess this is the risk you take when you have a dog in the house! If I forget to put up the dog food, this girl will eat it in a skinny minute! She is my picky one ... but dog food ... bring it on?!?!?!? Crazy girl Hannah! I did take the yucky dog toy out of her hands right after the photo! I will be glad when they learn "yucky!"
To Meredith, EVERYTHING is a push toy. She will push anything that is not bolted down across the room ... and MAN does she get mad when it hits a wall or gets stuck on the rug ... well, she was using her music table as a push toy the other day and kept stacking things on top of it and pushing them around the room. At one point, it had my tennis shoe, her blanket, and the camera on it ... that afternoon, she attached herself to my tennis shoe and walked around holding it by a shoelace or pushed it around on that table like it was her baby doll! She has also gotten the nickname monkey because she loves to climb on things. She is always climbing on her chair, on top of their picnic table, or trying to scale the gate I have up to keep them off my elliptical trainer ... oh, I'm going to have to watch that one! She is pretty careful though, so that is a plus! Here she is standing in Hannah's chair holding on to her prized possession!

No comments: