Friday, August 20, 2010

Lake Moultrie

I have been trying to get this posted for a while but had so, so many pictures to get through. I hope I posted the best ones though I have to admit it was a little overwhelming and I have a little Miss Caroline who is waking at the moment ... we will see how long I can stretch it! My uncles on my Mom's side have a lake house out at Lake Moultrie (about 45 minutes from our house.) The house has been in the family for years and I have been going to it summer after summer since I was possibly younger than even Caroline. It was fun to spend time out there with my side of the family. Grayson seemed to love being around the babies (Sylvi and Caroline) while Landon has always been a favorite with the twins. It reminded me of being out there as a child. Thanks to the Otts for letting us spend some time out there! I will get on with it as she is starting to fuss and the twins are waking now, too!
Brayden and twins feeding ducks

Landon and Grayson giving the girls a ride!
Cute Sylvi!!!
Caroline smiling up at her Aunt Kristi
Do I have something on my head?
In the bounce house ... it was fun for the kids (and Sarah =) for a while but it is a bit hot to use for very long!! I will be glad when Fall comes around and we will likely use it all the time!
the Finley girls and Whitaker boys feeding ducks
Landon and twins catching up on some TV
Poor Brayden spent a lot of the time under the weather but here he is having fun playing hungry hippo with the twins ...
the boys did a little fishing and here are their crickets they used for bait ... all the kids were pretty interested in the crickets ... however, I was not interested in the crickets and as soon as Grayson learned that little fact he got lots of pleasure out of chasing me around with them =)
We did not spend any nights out there as we are so close and space was limited and I am chicken to try and handle my 3 little ones overnight away from home by myself ... therefore many car naps were had that week!
The first day we spent out there, Caroline took a 4 hour nap! Unheard of for her ... or any of my kids (or probably anyone else's kids for that matter)!!
Hannah could probably skip naps without too much trouble ... but Meredith, she is like her Dad ... she needs her sleep ... she and baby doll (whose name is also Meredith =) took a nap the second day we were out there ...
One of the rainy days during the week, we took all the kids to the Aquarium ... my sister has great pics of all the kids getting their faces painted that I will have to get at some point ... these are the only ones I had ... yet another car nap ... Here is Meredith ...
and Hannah ...

No comments: