Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trick or Treat, Holy Molars & Big Girl Beds ...

Well, we made the leap to big girl beds! Between getting out of the cribs, getting rid of the paci & potty training ... we figured this was the one they were most ready for! They did astonishingly well until today, the honeymoon seems to be over. They (well, really Meredith) partied it up instead of napping this afternoon. Hannah was out the first time I went in but I think she about pee'ed in her pants when I came in and said "get back in your beds!!!" whereas Meredith was in and out of hers for the whole 2 hours they were in there. I kept hearing toys that make music that were not in her bed ... would go up there and poor Hannah would just look at me (from her bed) with the deer in headlights look and Meredith would say "but I, I just, I, I, I, wanted, wanted ... I wanted ... toy ..." she was too worried to make sense but not too worried to keep getting out to play with loud toys! We are getting there though and it has been a lot easier of a transistion than I thought it would be. For Halloween, since it was 90 degrees I decided against putting them in the full length fur monkey and elephant costumes that I bought and instead just put them in some cute little ballet tutus that a friend gave me. They were a little skeptical at first as my neighbors were giving out toothbrushes and toothpaste (they are dentists) instead of candy but after we got some actual candy and they figured out what was going on they had a lot of fun trick-or-treating and then answering the door at our house. They are still doing well in school though in general they are going through a fussy stage. They are getting some more 2 year molars and they are NOT happy about it! Poor things! They are just a mess! They chew on their hands all day and drool and fuss ... I can't wait until all of these darned teeth are in! We had a playdate here today with a few of their school friends and they did great and it has been fun to see them becoming more social. I was very proud of them and how well they shared even their most favorite toys. Here are a bunch of photos from the last week.

Hannah's toddler bed
Meredith's ...
Hannah playing in her bed with her "costume" one ... when I put it on her she said "Mommy! I look like princess!" So we named ourselves Princess Piggytails ...
Meredith ... she is beginning to learn to stand still and say "cheese" for pictures
About the best I could do for two in one photo ... Hannah wouldn't drop that paci ... she is much more attached to it than Meredith ...
Meredith left and Hannah right ... ready to hit the streets and hit up some neighbors for candy!
Hmmmm ... anything good in this bag (Hannah)?
Now THAT is what I am talking about (H)!!!
Mmmmmm ... chocolate (Meredith)!!
just a cute shot of the back of the outfit ... think this is Hannah
They made their little trick-or-treat bags at school ... here, they are checking out the goods ... and yes, eating Mike & Ikes off the floor ;) Oh well, a little Vitamin D-I-R-T never hurt anyone =)
reading books in the tutu ... there is more to a "princess" than just good looks!
I love the close-ups where you can tell their eyes are the same color as mine ... maybe a little proof that they are, in fact, my children =)
Meredith may regret this day in a few years ... the day she proved to me that she can use a vaccuum cleaner (sort of) ... I was flipping my couch cusion covers and getting down feathers EVERYWHERE and she dust busted all of them and had fun, too! Hannah pointed them out for her (over here, sissy, here's a feather) and she would suck them right up! Quite handy aren't they ... when they want to be!
My poor, teething little girls ... the frozen lemonade was a hit tonight and I had a day where insisting they not eat messy stuff on the couch was not a battle I was going to fight ... they are pretty good with the spoon though ... this is Meredith ... full on concentration face ...
Hannah ... a little frozen lemonade ... a little Max & Ruby (cartoon) ... what else could a girl ask for?


1 comment:

Jen Medley said...

So glad the big girl bed transition is going well. Just keep putting them back in their beds and they will get the hang of it.
The pigtail princesses look adorable!!!! Glad that they had a good time. It was great talking to you last week.